cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP ENVY 17 j013sr WiFi 5Ghz card

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17 j013sr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to change my network card to one which supports new WiFi 5Ghz tehnology. I understand that HP has white cards list which my laptop will support. But I cannot find any information of models.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
121,796 111,976 17,954 27,393
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

None of that information is available to the public (us).

Your notebook should not have a BIOS whitelist, and since your model has an Intel processor and chipset, you can put in any dual band card you want.

If you want to go with a dual band N card, get the Intel dual band 7260 with bluetooth.

If you want to go with a dual band AC card, bet the Intel dual band 7260 with bluetooth.

Here is the service manual for your notebook, where you can find the part number for the 7260N card.

Chapter 3, page 26.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03922401

The 3160 AC card was also an option for your notebook, but the 7260 AC card will work.

If you want to get the 7260 AC card, let me know and I will look up the HP part number for that one.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation