01-23-2013 11:29 PM
Have a problem with HP ENVY M6-1106er
After upgrading OEM Win8 to Pro version, I have added Hyper-V role to my system and reboot the laptop.
After reboot OS startup freezes on screen with HP logo and rotating circles.
If I disable AMD Virtualisation in BIOS - system boots, but hypervisor doesnt work.
With enabled Virtualisation in BIOS system doesn't boot with installed Hyper-V role.
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-23-2013 11:44 PM
This probem seems to affect several lines of recent HP laptops. I have the HP Envy dv7-7212nr laptop and the exact same problem happen to me. Others also report the same problem in this thread: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/Cannot-boot-if-HP-ENVY-Bios-Virtualizatio...
A couple of users reported 2 different ways of solving the problems but one involves deleting partitions and installing a fresh copy of Win8 (which I don't have) and the other did not work for me. I can still run VMWare or VirtualBox with no problem though.
01-24-2013 07:05 AM
Here's what you need to do.
1. Enter into BIOS setup and set Virtualization as disabled and reboot system.
2. After booting windows 8, enter into Control panel and remove bluetooth driver.
3. Download and install Ralink Bluetooth driver version 188.8.131.52 (SP59632)
4. Reboot system and enable Virtualization Technology again.
Hope this helps.
02-07-2013 03:33 PM
Hi, you can find the related driver below.
03-21-2013 11:36 AM - edited 03-21-2013 02:29 PM
To determine which bluetooth driver you'll need I'll need to know which device you have installed in your notebook. To determine which device you have please try the following.
- From either the Desktop or Metro views press the Windows+X key combination. This opens the Context Menu.
- Select Device Manager from the list.
- Expand the Network Adapters section.
- Post the name of your Bluetooth device as it is shown.
I'll keep an eye out for your response. I hope you have a great day!
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"
Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.
05-27-2013 06:30 PM
I have the same problem with Virtualization Technology enabled in the BIOS, my HP envy m6 1188CA laptop won't boot.
At the HP logo, i just see the circlular dots and it hangs there. As soon as I disable Virtualization, it's fine.
I have upgraded the bluetooth driver but to no avail.
What else can I try?