cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
7 5 1 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

Solved!

HP ENVY M6-1106er: Windows 8 Pro hangs up to start after Hyper-V role adding

HP Recommended

Hi. 

Have a problem with HP ENVY M6-1106er

After upgrading OEM Win8 to Pro version, I have added Hyper-V role to my system and reboot the laptop.

After reboot OS startup freezes on screen with HP logo and rotating circles.

If I disable AMD Virtualisation in BIOS - system boots, but hypervisor doesnt work. 

With enabled Virtualisation in BIOS system doesn't boot with installed Hyper-V role.

Please help.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Level 2
26 26 1 4
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This probem seems to affect several lines of recent HP laptops. I have the HP Envy dv7-7212nr laptop and the exact same problem happen to me. Others also report the same problem in this thread: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/Cannot-boot-if-HP-ENVY-Bios-Virtualizatio...

A couple of users reported 2 different ways of solving the problems but one involves deleting partitions and installing a fresh copy of Win8 (which I don't have) and the other did not work for me. I can still run VMWare or VirtualBox with no problem though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
32 31 1 8
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello sir,

Here's what you need to do.

1. Enter into BIOS setup and set Virtualization as disabled and reboot system.

2. After booting windows 8, enter into Control panel and remove bluetooth driver. 

3. Download and install Ralink Bluetooth driver version 9.2.101.10 (SP59632)

4. Reboot system and enable Virtualization Technology again.

Hope this helps.

I feel like asking for thumbs up after I tell you to mark my post as Kudos if it solves your problem.
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 1 0
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bluetooth driver update - really helps me! Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
26 26 1 4
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bluetooth driver update also works for me. Thanks for the post.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
20 19 0 3
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This may be a stupid question, but where can I download this bluetooth driver.

I did not see it listed as a download for this HP machine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
32 31 1 8
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, you can find the related driver below.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59501-60000/sp59632.exe

Best regards.

I feel like asking for thumbs up after I tell you to mark my post as Kudos if it solves your problem.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

excuse me, for envy 6-1100sl  that have same problem, which driver have to reinstall ?

Luigi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
4,472 4,401 257 821
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello luigi-colo.  

To determine which bluetooth driver you'll need I'll need to know which device you have installed in your notebook.  To determine which device you have please try the following.

1. From either the Desktop or Metro views press the Windows+X key combination.  This opens the Context Menu.
  2. Select Device Manager from the list.
  3. Expand the Network Adapters section.
  4. Post the name of your Bluetooth device as it is shown.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  I hope you have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi All,

I have the same problem with Virtualization Technology enabled in the BIOS, my HP envy m6 1188CA laptop won't boot.

At the HP logo, i just see the circlular dots and it hangs there. As soon as I disable Virtualization, it's fine.

I have upgraded the bluetooth driver but to no avail.

What else can I try?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation