cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AmyBlueNova
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY NOTEBOOK - Broken in 4 months

HP ENVY NOTEBOOK

DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT. 

I switched from Apple to HP in January 2017, thinking it was a smart move as the laptop was half the price. £700 and 4 months later, the bottom casing has cracked and apparently my warrenty won't cover it. 

The crack came as no fault of my own. I have not dropped it or mishandled it. It was a lot of money for me to spend and so I treated the product with the upmost care. Yet HP would like to charge me £137 to replace the casing. £137 for cheap, poor material that cracked within 4 months? 

Upon buying this product I was told it was indestructible and wouldn't break easily. 4 MONTHS LATER??? 

This laptop is not worth it and HP are a terrible company. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
40,814 40,601 6,381 11,118
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A laptop is "indestructible"? 

0 Kudos
AmyBlueNova
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok I knew she was exaggerating but she was trying to explain that the hardware was not easily broken!

Of which, it definitely is not. 

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
40,814 40,601 6,381 11,118
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A picture of the damage might help. Sometimes this Forum can lead to things happening. No promises but if it is unexplained obviously not user-caused damage you have some equities in your favor. 

0 Kudos
AmyBlueNova
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please see image below. I don't have strong hopes up after spending 20 minutes on the phone to HP Support. 

IMG_2502- crack.jpg

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation