cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
hayleymorgan Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY Notebook freezing and losing work every 2 days

P3Y06EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Envy was purchased in May 2016 (by my employer) and has been problematic from the start. I constantly check for updates and always run them when available. When I run multiple programmes (Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Reader, Skype) it is likely that my computer will freeze as some point. This freezing used to resolve itself, so I could go back to work. I would see the classic spinning cursor, leave it alone for a minute or two, and then things would right themselves. 

However, for the last month the freezing has become very different. Instead of the familiar spinning cursor, the computer now simply freezes, and I can only use my computer if I force shut down. Every time I do this I've lost about 20-30 minutes worth of work. This has also happened a few times while I've been on Skype calls with colleagues - suddenly they are cut off. 

Has anyone else had this happen? What can I do? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9856 9841 921 1462
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY Notebook freezing and losing work every 2 days

Hello, @hayleymorgan – Hope you are well 🙂

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I understand that you are having issues with your HP Envy Notebook. Did you try running all the Windows update? If not make sure the Windows is up to date.

If the issue persists, try the steps mentioned here: http://hp.care/2jE5QZG

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation