cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
14 13 0 3
Message 11 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have reached a common ground with HP on this issue and made peace with the resolution.

Said that, I don't intend to suggest that the technical issue was resolved. I got my laptop back repaired under waranty but for some reason the Motherboard , display, palm rest was also replaced which I wasnt happy about.

After few weeks of coming back from repair and nromal use it just won't turn on the next morning. Caps lock blinked and CPU fan turns on, but thats it. Gogoled it and this is also a known issue "CPAs lock LED blinking ..laptop not truning on"...

lol...but I already had reached a common ground with HP and will rate the customer service as good.

It's just the product .....

Hint: If in warranty , do your best to negotiate to get rid of the piece.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
9 7 0 2
Message 12 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am unfortunatly out of warrenty. They want to charge me over $200 to repair it. Do you have ANY suggestions what so ever?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
14 13 0 3
Message 13 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

oh boy... I suggest fixing it yourself if you are a bit tech savvy in handling hardware...can suggets some videos for you.

But before that speak to some local lappy repair technicican ..see what what they quote you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 14 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there,

I have the following Envy laptop purchased in New Zealand:

Product Model: F6C78PA     Product Name:   HP ENVY 15-j112tx Notebook PC

The laptop is just over two years and I also became the victim of randomly broken left hinge. As we know this is a consumer laptop made of plastic with aluminium like finishing to win trust. I would really appreciate HP Support to cover this for consumer customers like myself. If that is not going to happen I only have one recommendation for everyone. Avoid consumer laptops!  Clearly laptop companies don't care about them. I wouldn't be supprised if they were built with deliberate flaws for which plastic is great as with time they lose flexibility and become less resiliant. However companies like HP can't afford to distribute enterprise laptops with such flaws as that would have a serious impact on ther market share especially when loosing a global enterpise customer. So the lesson I learned going forward is either by Apple or laptop from the enterprise range. I would go better even with a used one via the same budget as a new consumer laptop as it will very likely last longer. Please proove me wrong. Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
20,511 15,846 325 967
Message 15 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kcustomer

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
14 13 0 3
Message 16 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good luck mate...I've had same issue and not happy with Envy series

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 17 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Honor dictates for me to come back and comment on the outstanding performance of HP customer service to help me resolve my issue with my Envy laptop. Hats of to them from every respect. They also discovered a dead pixel in my screen and replaced the lcd. They whent beyond my expectation in terms of customer service which confirmed my brand loyality that I will be recommending to every friend/colleague etc. Thanks HP!

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation