Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Mattb94 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook Broken left hinge

Hello, I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me. Recently the left hinge on my laptop has dropped out of position/broken and has pushed the back casing of the laptop out, disrupting one of the fans.It has not been dropped this is through everyday use. I noticed it had become creeky when opening the lid of the laptop, So i stopped using it as I had finished university for summer and my ipad met my everyday use. A month later I had to get a file off my laptop so I opened the lid and the hinge popped out of position/broke this is when it occurred . It no longer opens and closes correctly. I rang hp explaining the situation and said that the laptop is currently under warranty and Only 11 months old. They said that this type of thing wasn't covered under warranty as it was classified as "everyday wear and tear" and that I would have to pay £150 to fix it. Would anyone be able to advise me on how to get it fixed under warranty. As I don't want to pay another 150 pound on a 750 pound laptop because hp used non suitable hinges, which seems to be a common issue. Thanks Matt
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Retired
Retired
7336 358 762
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tags (1)
Mattb94 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi MechPilot,

Thanks for the quick response i am in contact with someone now, i'll accept as solution when i have heard back.

Thank you,

Matt 

0 Kudos
Boston797 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same problem with the right hinge on the same model.  I think my laptop is less than 2 months older than yours.  Any info you get would be appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
BronteJulianna Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello! My left hindge is also broken. I was just wondering if I could get information on how to fix it, even though it's not warrentyed covered. How can I get it covered?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Mattb94 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

At the moment mechpilot has passed me onto someone from customer relations, who has now referred to it to his hp colleagues in my region. 

As of yet i havent heard back from them this was around 4 days ago. 

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Mattb94 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update:

Spoke to customer relations who again informed me that hinges arent covered under the warranty of the product. When i said it was not fit for purpose they suggested i take it back to where i bought it from.

0 Kudos
LLJcoffee Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ZHi!  I purchased my HP Envy 15  G7Z03AV from HP directly 9/15   however this same thing happened to me today - right hinge stuck and cracked the lid near the hinge. it's pulling away from the screen. The screen still works  I see many many issues and recalls on the hinges of Envy's.  IS there anything that can be done? and if so . how much would it cost? I saw online I could buy a used lid cover (since it's cracked now and the lid won't close).  Would Staples fix it? HP?  would they charge me for a new lid? 

0 Kudos
16957 227 920
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@LLJcoffee

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation