Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Eques Tutor
Tutor
14 0 3
Message 1 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook Broken left hinge

Envy J115 TX
Windows 8.1

I bought my envy j115tx 15" touchsmart end of Aug 2014 . Its nearly 4 months old and recently the left hinge on my laptop has dropped out of position and has pushed the back casing of the laptop out, disrupting one of the fans.It has not been dropped. I noticed it had become creeky when opening the lid of the laptop, 

I can see the back casing popping out when opening the the lid and the Kensington lock is out of alignment (as it pops down with the back casing)

Been using HP servers at work and recomended but this is my first HP product for personal use and the hinge design seems to be a serious flaw here.

Need a solution guys... have read similar posts about same issue..whats going on?

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
16957 227 920
Message 2 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Eques ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
ravi_goteti Tutor
Tutor
21 1 0
Message 3 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp notebooks having serious assembly flaw i guess otherwise for everynotebook they sell this problem wouldnt have crop up iam experiencing the same

still no recall/replacement/fixing from hp side when its a known universal problem with hp notebooks

such a careless organisation

i thought of buying hp stream seriess 11.6 inch notebook as a gift to someone now i dropped that plan of going with hp again

get it repaired with local chaps buddy its a problem with left base connecting hinge i guess

these chaps mostly careless or they showcase ignorance towards prospective customers

disgusting it is

gote
0 Kudos
Eques Tutor
Tutor
14 0 3
Message 4 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wish I knew this beforehand. Still in warranty and sending to hp service center. Frustrating thing is the support consultant asked me if I dropped the laptop and that they haven't heard of this issue with Envy laptops!
0 Kudos
ravi_goteti Tutor
Tutor
21 1 0
Message 5 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thats funny blaming the prospective customer and rubbing off their hands 

most of the hp notebook users facing the same issue still they are blaming customers who supported them by purchasing their products and trusting them

i doubt whether hp tech team reviewed the hinge and base separating case complaints here  in this support forum or not,there are more no of complaints particularly reffering to this specific issue.......still they are not accepting their flaw

thats disgusting......

gote
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Eques Tutor
Tutor
14 0 3
Message 6 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well after 3 days of wait the laptop has been picked up and off to service center. For some reason their courier partner turned up 3 days later from the scheduled pickup date. Just hope it will be fixed and returned soon.
0 Kudos
Eques Tutor
Tutor
14 0 3
Message 7 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update: I called up support on 6th business day since laptop was shipped to service centre and was advised that laptop will be dleivered back to me this week i.e by 16thJan2015 which is acceptable timeframe as they informed me at the begining.

so far so good.

The support consultant confirmed that they have replaced display,base enclsoure, Top cover & are waiting on motherboard to be delivered????

Hang on...why motherboard ?  there was no electrical/power issue with laptop. The issue was purely mechanical i.e hinge .

It came to my knowledge that the tech replacing the hinge couldn't power it on after replacing base enclosure and top cover ? 

Did you short the m/b somehow and now it will be replaced. Unacceptable... whole unit ripped apart.

send me new unit guys. it's barley 4 months old when it got the hinge issue.

0 Kudos
Eques Tutor
Tutor
14 0 3
Message 8 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any one listening to the cries here ?

Very dull reposne form HP Australia support. No body likes to provide an update to customer even after chasing so much

0 Kudos
Eques Tutor
Tutor
14 0 3
Message 9 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Slowly moving towards a resolution

0 Kudos
Taylor2795 Tutor
Tutor
9 0 2
Message 10 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you had any luck? I'm having a very similar issue with my HP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation