Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j051nr Notebook PC Constant Noisy Fan

HP Recommended

I've had the HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j051nr Notebook PC  for a few months and recently, within the last few days, the fan is constantly running louder than normal. I've downloaded and installed all the recent updates, including the most recent BIOS update. 

This is my business laptop. Is there a solution for this? 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 957 2,203
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Kennyk3,

I understand you are having an issue with a noisy fan on your HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j051nr. Here is a document on how to reduce the fan noise .

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I bought a HP Envy Touchsmart 15-j006TX and had the same problem. Had been trying to get my new laptop fix for the past 4 months and HP even replaced the fan but problem still persists. HP is a big co but customer service/after sales, if it exists at all, is pathetic. If you have to contact them for problems, good luck! It had been very inconvenient and frustrating for me. Fyi, I bought the laptop after being misled by their brochure advertisement. HP customer relations manager refused to take responsibility and exchange, so I had to go to Small Claims Tribunal to get my full refund.

This would be my first and last time I'm buying HP computers! 

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
1 1 0 2
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey I use to have the same problem with my HP Envy 15-j100 but I firgured out that it is the i7 cpu that is making it so hot and thus keeping the fan on and being SO LOUD!

I made a Power Option where I lowered my CPU to min 30% and max 78% and named it "Every Day Use," this worked for me and the fan never goes to full on beast mode and my battery is alive for a bit longer.

Although I lowered the CPU I still run Photoshop, OneNote, Sony Vegas, and surf the web perfectly fine.

The fan is still on, however, it's a very low breeze and very quite NOT embarrsed to take it out in class!

The computer is perfect for me! Wish it had longer battery life though 8+ :c

I do have a Power Option with 100% max stats though for when I'm rendering large files!

HOPE I HELPED!

Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The 15-j015 is the third HP laptop I've owned. I loved the first one so much, I thought I would always stick with HP...

The quality went down considerably with each one. The HP-j0.. that I currently own has been nothing but problems, but one thing that all three laptops had in common, including the one I loved, is that after about a year the fans would run constantly and the computer was always very, very hot. Nothing would help, even blowing out the compuer for dust.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
6 6 0 9
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try this, folks.

Go into power options.

Click "Change plan settings" of which ever power plan you use.

Select "Change advanced power settings."

Expand "Processor power management."

Expand "System cooling policy."

Change "On battery" and "Plugged in" to "Passive."

This should do it. 

For added measure, you can lower the "Maximum processor state" "On battery" and "Plugged in" to 75% and 90%, respectively.

The fan will still blow, but with much less intensity. 

I'm pleased with the results at the moment.

Let me know how this work for you.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation