cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Miroslaw Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY TouchSmart m7-j020dx WiFi problem

Hello,

I have reinstalled Windows 8.1 64bit on my HP ENVY TouchSmart m7-j020dx and everything works fine except a network card which over Wifi works terrible. It is losing the connection off and on at all times. Wifi signal is very strong, I have tried different connections (in my house, public places) and the same problem occurs. I have installed "Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver" from the page: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4158&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5447... which supposed to be dedicated for my laptop. In device manager everything looks clear and installed correctly, with no exclamation points.

Any suggestions HP? Please help 😞

Best,

Miroslaw

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2,270 1,975 183 586
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This should help:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03847367

Wish you luck,
Karthik

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
Miroslaw Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have 8.1 already... 😞

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2,270 1,975 183 586
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, I understand. I wanted to get your attention to FAQ section and "Reinstall wireless network drivers." Part.

Wish you luck,
Karthik

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Miroslaw Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reinstalling everything, driver by driver, was my first step. Did not help.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation