Note on archived topics.
04-27-2014 01:22 PM - edited 04-28-2014 05:56 AM
I have an HP ENVY Touchsmart 15 (Windows 😎 which now showing black screen after recent BIOS update. The laptop will power up, but the screen remains black. The power light remains on, but the screen, CAPS LOCK and WIFI buttons remains unresponsive and don't seem to flash an eroor code. The sound of the HDD can be heard on boot up, as can the fans.
I'm at a bit of a loss where to go from here, if you can guide me than I can resolve the issue. I can see a few people have had similar problems with other models.
If anyone has any suggestions or guidance I'd be extremely grateful.
04-30-2014 02:07 PM - last edited on 03-06-2017 02:37 PM by OscarFuentes
Welcome to the HP Support Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
I see that you are having problems with your Envy after updating the BIOS. You can try Restoring the BIOS to see if that will get it to boot up. Without the blinking error code it will be hard to figure out the exact issue. How long have you had the notebook for?
09-07-2014 01:26 AM
You can do a bios rollback...
go to f2 system diagnostics page
to do that turn off your pc first, then power power on again but you need to tap immidiately the ESC repeatedly.. start up menu will appear . then press f2 to load system diagnostics and there an option bios management and do the rollback.
09-07-2014 01:32 AM - last edited on 04-20-2016 03:28 PM by OscarFuentes
You can Try this as well
Restoring the BIOS http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833
- Turn off the computer.
- Plug the notebook into power using the power adapter.
- Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time while the computer is off.
- Still pressing the Windows key and the B key, press and hold down the Power button on the notebook for 1 second, and then release the Power button and the keys.The Power LED light remains on, and the screen remains blank for about 40 seconds. You might hear beeping sounds. Eventually, an HP BIOS Update screen displays and the BIOS update begins automatically.If the HP BIOS Update screen displays, go to step 5 below.If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, do one of the following depending on the condition:
- Computer boots into Windows - The computer will boot into Windows if the power button and keys are released too soon. Repeat steps 1 through 4 above, holding the power button down for 2 or 3 seconds.
- Power LED light turns off - The computer will turn off if the power button is pressed and held down too long. Repeat steps 1 through 4 above, holding the power button down for between 1 and 3 seconds.
- After repeated attempts, the HP BIOS Update screen does not open - Your computer does not support this function or it has a hardware problem that is preventing the tool from opening. Contact HP Support.
05-28-2016 08:32 AM
I understand you're experiencing issues with your Envy Touchsmart getting a black screen on startup. I'd be happy to help.
I would first like to suggest you follow the steps in this document: HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 😎
Let me know how it goes.
If this helps, please hit that Thumbs Up.