cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AdnanAU Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY Touchsmart (windows 8) - Giving black screen after BIOS update

I have an HP ENVY Touchsmart 15 (Windows 😎 which now showing black screen after  recent BIOS update.  The laptop will power up, but the screen remains black.  The power light remains on, but the screen, CAPS LOCK and WIFI buttons remains unresponsive and don't seem to flash an eroor code.  The sound of the HDD can be heard on boot up, as can the fans.

I'm at a bit of a loss where to go from here, if you can guide me than I can resolve the issue.  I can see a few people have had similar problems with other models.

If anyone has any suggestions or guidance I'd be extremely grateful.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Retired
Retired
5476 5242 339 865
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi AdnanAU,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see that you are having problems with your Envy after updating the BIOS. You can try Restoring the BIOS to see if that will get it to boot up. Without the blinking error code it will be hard to figure out the exact issue. How long have you had the notebook for?

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
DamianW Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

these methods don't work

Please help me, I am running HP ENvy 15 TocuhSmart and I have the black screen with blinking led twice that indicates it is BIOS fault.

What can I do?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
DamianW Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

DID you find any solution to your problem? I am having exactly the same issue.

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
119 118 2 11
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can do a bios rollback...

go to f2 system diagnostics page

to do that turn off your pc first, then power power on again but you need to tap immidiately the ESC repeatedly.. start up menu will appear . then press f2 to load system diagnostics and there an option bios management and do the rollback.

thanks!

Otilol

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
119 118 2 11
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi AdnanAU

You can Try this as well

Restoring the BIOS  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

To recover an earlier version of the BIOS on your notebook:
  1. Turn off the computer.
  2. Plug the notebook into power using the power adapter.
  3. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time while the computer is off.
  4. Still pressing the Windows key and the B key, press and hold down the Power button on the notebook for 1 second, and then release the Power button and the keys.
    The Power LED light remains on, and the screen remains blank for about 40 seconds. You might hear beeping sounds. Eventually, an HP BIOS Update screen displays and the BIOS update begins automatically.
    If the HP BIOS Update screen displays, go to step 5 below.
    If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, do one of the following depending on the condition:

5. Computer boots into Windows - The computer will boot into Windows if the power button and keys are released too soon. Repeat steps 1 through 4 above, holding the power button down for 2 or 3 seconds.
  6. Power LED light turns off - The computer will turn off if the power button is pressed and held down too long. Repeat steps 1 through 4 above, holding the power button down for between 1 and 3 seconds.
  7. After repeated attempts, the HP BIOS Update screen does not open - Your computer does not support this function or it has a hardware problem that is preventing the tool from opening. Contact HP Support.

Thanks!

Otilol

0 Kudos
tracylgarringer Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an Hp envy just a year old if that I have a blank screen when I turn it on, I need this for school , what's going on, can you help me
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
947 891 41 165
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @tracylgarringer,

I understand you're experiencing issues with your Envy Touchsmart getting a black screen on startup. I'd be happy to help.

I would first like to suggest you follow the steps in this document: HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 😎

Let me know how it goes.

If this helps, please hit that Thumbs Up. 

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation