cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jss127
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY Ultrabook CTO 4t-1100 Will Not Boot Properly, "Primary (internal) Batter (601) Error"

Hello, this error is occuring on my son's laptop this is just over 1 year old.  It's an HP Envy Ultrabook with an internal battery so it's not as simple as just swapping in a new battery.  I have to disassebly the computer to change the battery.

The  computer displays this error and then goes in to the bootup where the hp logo is displayed and it looks to be booting normally.  After about 10 seconds the computer just shuts down and cannot be turned back on.  The orange LED next to the power supply connection also turns off and I cannot restart the computer unless I unplug the power supply and then plug it back in at which point the orange LED lights back up but then the same problem occurs when I hit the power button.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Justa_averageJo
4 4 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY Ultrabook CTO 4t-1100 Will Not Boot Properly, "Primary (internal) Batter (601) Error"

Pricecly almost the same exact problem im having, my power just cuts off and will turn off again when the power is unplugged. but for whatever reason dosnt happen as frequent with my old battery

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Retired
Retired
10,400 10,963 247 608
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi jss127. The error "Primary (internal) Batter (601) Error" seems to indicate a problem with the battery. If you have tried multiple batteries, it could be a system board issue. Either way it is hardware failure. I recommend contacting phone support for your repair options:  HP Technical Support, North America 1-800-474-6836. For all other regions click here.

Justa_averageJo, it sounds like your battery is not holding a charge. You can use this troubleshooting to identify if it is the battery, or some other component causing the issue: Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation