cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ariccastro94
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

HP ENVY m6-1225dx Notebook PC Touchpad Problems

HP Recommended

I have an HP ENVY m6-1225dx Notebook PC Running on Windows 8. It has been working fine until I did a Windows update (for Windows 😎 and it started having issues with the touchpad. The touch screen and keyboard work fine. But the touchpad makes the mouse move irraticly and highlight, drag, and/or click on things I'm not intending to do so with. I was wondering what may cause this issue, and if there is anything that can fix this. I've tried running a full computer scan, checking for HP updates or further Windows updates. I can't seem to find anything that would cause the problem. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
MechPilot
Retired
Retired
7,336 6,290 359 764
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @ariccastro94,

I have read your post on how the TouchPad on your notebook computer is not working correctly, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter!

This issue can sometimes be caused by a software problem, hardware defect or a conflict with an update. To further diagnose this issue, I recommend following the steps in this document on Using and Troubleshooting the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 😎. This should help return the TouchPad on your computer to working order.

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!

Regards Smiley Happy

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
ariccastro94
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MechPilot,

I attempted to use the troubleshooting  methods you suggested. So far none of the solutions have worked. I have tried every single one with no results.

0 Kudos
MechPilot
Retired
Retired
7,336 6,290 359 764
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello again ariccastro94,

It is good to hear from you again!

If you have followed all of the troubleshooting steps in the document provided above, I recommend restoring your notebook back to a previous point where the TouchPad was working correctly. To do this, please follow this document on Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 😎

If the TouchPad still is not functioning correctly, I recommend performing a backup and recovery of your Operating System. This can be done by following this document on Backing Up Your Files (Windows 😎, as well as Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 😎. This should help return your system back to factory defaults.

If the issue persists, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I hope this helps!

Regards Smiley Happy

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

0 Kudos
ariccastro94
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Well I tried restoring my computer. Now I'm reduced to using my phone because my computer runs slow, and ineffective. I'm lucky if I can open a window before it slows to a halt. This line of computer is so far the most defective computer I've owned
0 Kudos
ariccastro94
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is the worst computer I have ever used. Even worse than the old desk top my grandparents had that ran on dial-up internet. The touchpad has nothing but problems. I have already went back to the store I purchased this computer from and had it replaced so I know it's not an isolated problem. Every HP ENVY m6-1225dx Notebook PC has issues with the touchpad. And the only fix is using an external mouse which defeats the purpose of having a laptop. 

I spent over 6 months saving up to buy this laptop because I wanted a decent midrange laptop. So far it's been I payed $600 for a huge headache and hassel. Your tech support is useless, not a single solution has permanently solved the problem. I gurantee I will no longer be using HP products and I will discourage people from buying them. Your designs up to 2012 were good and performed well. But buying a new laptop in 2014 and I wasted my money and have had problems since purchase. 

What manufacturer would you recommend that won't sell me a headache?

0 Kudos
MechPilot
Retired
Retired
7,336 6,290 359 764
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation