Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
7 4 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP ENVY m6 - Damage at hinges

HP Recommended
HP ENVY m6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP,

I seem to be plagued by the same issue that a lot of other owners of this model share; my display lid has become extremely weak right above the hinges - the panel from the inside begins to poke through the outer plastic if I try to move the lid, and consequently, larger cracks have developed over time. At this stage, the display barely holds itself up, it sways back and forth violently with even the slightest bit of wind from a fan, and I'm forced to avoid closing the lid at all costs. 

I've looked around for any possibility for repair at a bunch of local stores, but they have a hard time finding the replacement parts. I'd like to know if there's any scope for getting my laptop back to normal, how much it would cost for the repairs, and if there's anything that can be done in spite of the fact that I'm well past my warranty period, considering that this is a major design flaw. I've been having this issue since a little less than a year after I'd purchased this laptop, and I've been looking for a solution for about 15 months ever since.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
8,250 7,081 141 476
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@PHATboy

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 4 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
HP,

I'd received the PM as you'd said, on the very same day, and I'd responded with the details that were needed.

It's 2016, and nothing's happened yet.
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation