cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY x2 - 13-j002tu bluetooth problem

HP ENVY x2 - 13-j002tu
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi all, I'm having trouble with bluetooth keyboard on my device. It turns off and bluetooth menu item dissapears from the left hand side menu in "change pc settings". when I restart the computer it appears again but only for anwhile until it happens again. keyboard does not respond and i don't have any options to turn it on or off as bluetooth item dissapears from the menu. I have updated bluetooth driver using hp utilities and it does not report newer one has been released. It is becoming very frustrating not having keyboard. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,336 6,290 359 764
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @atomov,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post on how your notebook computer is experiencing a pairing issue with a Bluetooth keyboard. Does your keyboard pair and interact with another computer successfully? Are you able to use the docking station keyboard for your ENVY x2? Is your computer able to pair with other Bluetooth devices successfully?

In the meantime, I recommend following the steps below to re-enable the Bluetooth functions on your system:

Step 1. Go to device manager
Step 2. Right click on "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" that you want
Step 3. Select "Update Driver Software..."
Step 4. Choose "Browse my computer for driver software"
Step 5. Choose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
Step 6. Select "Ports (COM & LPT)"

Step 7. Select "Microsoft" at "Manufacturer" list

Step 8. Finally select "Standard Serial over Bluetooth link"

If you are still unable to pair with a Bluetooth device try the following:

Step 1. Search for "Change device" in the Windows 8 Start menu.
Step 2. Click on where it says Change device installation settings.
Step 3. Select the No, let me choose what to do option.
Step 4. Check the automatically get the device app option
Step 5. Click Save changes to save the settings you just chose

As well you can try this

Step 1: Go to RUN (Windows Logo + R) and type “services.msc” and Enter
Step 2: Now find “Bluetooth Support Service” and double click on it
Step 3: Now click on Log On Tab and Type in "Local Service" without quotes
Step 4. Click on “This Account”
Step 5: Now remove any passwords leave the password field blank
Step 6: Underneath the upper left title should be a hyperlink "Start"
Step 7: Click "Start"

You can also check Power Management tab and unchecked the box that said "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, as well as the requested information above. I look forward to your reply!

Regards 🙂

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi MechPilot, 

Thank you for your help. 

I've solved the problem by updateing bios to newest version. When I was initialy trying to fix it there was no updates but later it became available and sorted out the problem. 

Kind regards,

Atomov

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation