Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Lordhelmchen269 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Elite X2 1012 - Intel AVStream Webcam - black screen

HP Elite 1012 - V0N11AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

From the first second - the Intel(R) AVStream Camera 2500 did'nt work with the Windows 10 camera app.

Only black screen

I tried it with the original HP preinstalled W10 that came with this Tablet. From the first boot the camera only showed a black screen.

Upgraded the W10 installation installation with the Intel SkyCam Driver 30.10586.6961.284 Rev.A - no luck

Then i hoped the W10 aniversary update would fix it - nope.

On 1. September 2016 i upgraded the bios to ver. 01.17 Rev.A.

Then i did a complete clean install of W10 . 1607 Build 14393and used the with the Intel SkyCam Driver 30.10586.6961.284 Rev.A. Still a black screen.

The white led is on when i start the camera app but only black screen. The Front Camera is working.

With this custom configuration the tablet costs almost 2k€ but this fu***** rear cam is not working.......

I start to think that there could be a hardware problem ?

Any advise ?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Lordhelmchen269 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Elite X2 1012 - Intel AVStream Webcam - black screen

Well the problem has ben solved - the mainboard was the cause....

It was replaced and now the rear camera is working fine

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation