Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a problem with my wifi. The button is always appearing orange, and nothing happens when I press it: no errors, no messages, no reaction at all. Therefore I cannot use wifi connection.

The laptop is kinda new: I am using it for only 2 months.

1. Product Name and Number

HP EliteBook 8560p
НР LQ589AW

2. Operating System installed (if applicable) 

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

3. Error message (if any) 

No error messages

4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred

My windows crashed and I recovered it from the archive created a couple days prior to that. Archive included all hard drives data, so system was restored exactly as it was prior to the crash. I am still not sure if this caused the problem (or if the problem appeared after that): it happened a month ago, and I didn't have WiFi available back then, and only tried to turn it on a couple days ago.

Additional details:

In device manager wireless card is showing up as working normally. In adapter management wireless connection is turned on but says "no connection available". If I run the diagnostics, it asks me to turn on WIFI with a button on my laptop, which I cannot do. In mobility center it says "wireless connection is turned off". Turn on button is gray, and impossible to click on.

Things I already tried:

1. Reinstalled all HP drivers from the original CD;
  2. Removed WiFi card in windows device manager (deleted the device), restarted windows, installed new drivers for it, restarted again;
  3. Checked mobility center as was suggested in one of the threads found on this forum;
  4. Made a hard reset for HP laptop (removed battery, pressed on/off button for full minute).

Thanks for any help!

Anatoliy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Somehow I managed to fix the issue...

Turned out that the whole problem was caused (apparently) by HP Power Assistant tool shiped with my laptop. Default profile was showing both bluetooth and WiFi gray, and it was not possible to switch them on. I created a new profile, and even though all the settings are identical to the default profile, it allows me to turn both BT and WiFi on and off without any problems. Button is working fine now as well, and switches from blue to orange when I press it. Checked WiFi and it is working.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Somehow I managed to fix the issue...

Turned out that the whole problem was caused (apparently) by HP Power Assistant tool shiped with my laptop. Default profile was showing both bluetooth and WiFi gray, and it was not possible to switch them on. I created a new profile, and even though all the settings are identical to the default profile, it allows me to turn both BT and WiFi on and off without any problems. Button is working fine now as well, and switches from blue to orange when I press it. Checked WiFi and it is working.

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem!

Was the new Profille you created for the Power Assistant or a User Profile for Windows?

HP Recommended

Hi Thank you for the suggestion. It worked perfectly for me. I just changed my power profile to Balanced (The default one) and then I could switch on my wifi from the software.

HP Recommended

Had the same issue where the wireless switch would not toggle to on..  Uninstalled HP Power Assistant, rebooted, and it works!

HP Recommended
How do I uninstall my HP power ,Assistant
HP Recommended
Ply wifi is not working and also my screen doesn't reduce !
HP Recommended

Try this. On Windows 7. Clikc on start, in the search box type windows mobility center, hit enter, look under wireless network see if its off.

HP Recommended

Opened the windows mobility center. Wireless network window is switched off. How to enable it again?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.