Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HighTecFreek Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP EliteBook Revolve 810 G2 Tablet

HP EliteBook Revolve 810 G2 T
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My Elite notebook is heating up increadibly! I can only plug it to the charger for few minutes and I have to unplug it to avoid accessive heating or damage ...

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Regents Professor Regents Professor
Regents Professor
3657 3617 300 661
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've worked on many revolves and have not seen that particular issue.

So here's the procedure I would follow in this case.

Power off the revolve and plug in the charger.

Does the revolve charger get excessively hot while just charging the battery?

Can you fully charge the battery with the revolver and off?

When you power on the machine you can hit F2 to get into Diagnostics.

Power on and get into Diagnostics and you want to go into the component test and run the battery test

If you get an error code when running the battery test write it down or take a picture of it for reference.

Your 810 G2 may still be in warranty so error codes are important because HP support wants them before they will do a repair or replacement on a part.

You also might want to try removing the battery and powering on the machine using just the charger and see if the machine runs hot.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
Regents Professor Regents Professor
Regents Professor
3657 3617 300 661
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just following up have you made any progress?

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation