Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SShah Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Elitebook 1030 G1 - Windows 7 x64 installation

HP Elitebook 1030 G1
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, we have recently purchased several HP Elitebook 1030 G1 notebooks. These come with Windows 10 out of the box, and no discs at all. HP seem to offer a Windows 7 recovery disc via drivers & downloads but this only seems to be for drivers and applications post-Windows 7 install.

We still use Windows 7 (Enterprise x64) deploying via SCCM. As the laptop doesn't have a LAN port HP support suggested getting an HP USB-C to Ethernet adapter, but this doesn't seem to help with PXE boot.

So moving onwards, I then attempted to do a manual install of Windows 7 x64 via USB. Initially it didn't even boot without turning off secure boot and turning on legacy boot. As the laptop has an M.2 ssd it is not even found by the setup process.

I have now gone through adding sata and usb3 drivers via dism to boot+install wim's and also an MS hotfix for NVMe support (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2990941). Unfortunately after all this it is still not able to see the hard drive.

Unless I am going blind I cannot see any information about this on HP Support. Has anyone done this on this model notebook or similar (ie M.2 ssd)?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation