cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Intern
63 35 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Elitebook 8440p Bios Password

HP Elitebook 8440p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi!

I want to use uefi windows 7 in my hp elitebook 8440p but when I goes to bios it asks for a bios administrator password and I don't know the password of bios. So, how can I install uefi Windows in my laptop Or how can I recover or reset the password.

Thanks In Advance.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
9,767 8,617 704 3,165
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Elitebook 8440p Bios Password

Hello @AbdulRaheem25

Happy New Year ! Thank you for posting.

Most business class notebooks (including yours Elitebook and Probook) have better security. Password can't be reset in the forum. You will have to contact HP Support for Business to assist you with removing the password.

Here is how >> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

>> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/business-support.html

HP Business support should be able to send you a customised SMC.bin file and instructions which you can use  to reset the password.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you face any issues.

****  Please, click on the button below to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helped you
****  Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or give LIKE
I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** IT Commodity and Cyber Security professional

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation