cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Elitebook 8440p VGA to hdmi

HP Recommended
Elitebook 8440p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,
I am trying to connect my HP Elitebook 8440p to my tv (hdmi) but I don't know how. I looked at several forums and I haven't been able to find the right answer. There are cables (or adapters) that can do HDMI to VGA but it seems like they only work one way... for example from the TV to my laptop, but NOT the other way around.
I also read that there are problems reported with the audio??
I am at a loss. Don't know if this is something that could be done with this particular laptop model.
Thanks in advance for any detailed help you could share.
Javier

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 5
Level 5
242 242 17 34
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Get the HP Displayport to HDMI adapter which has better performance than VGA to HDMI adapter. The Displayport is next to VGA port on the 8440p.

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-displayport-to-hdmi-14-adapter

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Great buddy... thank you!

Could I get your employee discount?? lol.
Cheers!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 5
Level 5
242 242 17 34
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No emplyoee discount for business products and accessories :Crying:

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation