cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
furqan608 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Elitebook 8460p - Mute button working but stuck on orange.

HP Elitebook 8460p

Mute button working but stuck on orange.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
52 52 9 17
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try to update the BIOS and the drivers, you can find them on hp.com or you can use HP Support assistent. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am an HP employee.
Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.
These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.
0 Kudos
Tutor Laksh1 Tutor
Tutor
12 12 1 4
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi furqan608,

I have personally experienced the same issue on one of the lab units.

The IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver supplies the appropriate dependencies for the light from the Quick Launch audio button to work correctly.

So please follow the below solution which will resolve the issue:

If the IDT Audio driver is shown in the Add/Remove Program, uninstall this driver from the list, then reinstall the IDT Audio driver with the latest revision from the HP drivers download page.

If the IDT Audio driver is not shown in the Add/Remove Program, simply install the latest revision of the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver.

You can use the following link and select the operating system to download and install the driver:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5056901&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4059

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******

Regards,

I am an HP Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HP.
0 Kudos
Intern Intern
Intern
35 35 3 8
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Furqan,

You may try doing a BIOS defaults after performing the steps given above.

Power on the notebook and tap F10 untill you get the BIOS screen. Under Main option select Restore Defaults.

Exit from this by selecting F10, Select YES.

I hope this helps.

#HPExpertDay

Regards;
Jyo
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.

0 Kudos
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
236 232 17 60
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

Could you please let me know which is the OS

If it 10 then try updating the audio drivers of windows 8 and hot key drivers as wel

#hpexpertday
Regards;
Smiley
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation