Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook Folio 1040

My mousepad on my HP Elitebook Folio 1040 has stopped working. An external mouse works fine. System indicates that my mouse drives are working fine. Suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

We need a little more information from you concerning your issue.

What OS are you running?

Did you recently load any OS updates?

Which HP Elitebook Folio 1040 are you using (G1, G2 or G3)? (You should be able to find this information on the bottom of the unit)

Did you load any new software prior to the ClickPad not working?

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

If you like my post, click the thumbs up.
HP Recommended

It's an HP Folio 1040 G1. We updated it a week ago to Windows 10 but it has been working fine since then until suddenly stopped last night.

HP Recommended

To make sure you have all of the latest drivers installed I suggest that you load SDM (SoftPaq Download Manager).  This tool will help you download and install updates.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/clientmanagement/drivers-bios.html

This will make sure you are current with all the drivers for you system.  If this does not resolve you issue and you contact HP technical support one of the first troubleshooting steps they will take will be to load the latest drivers.

I also suggest that you go to the link below, explore and become familiar with all of the HP Client Management services and tools available.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/clientmanagement/overview.html

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

HP Recommended

I downloaded the software you mentioned and it nows wants a username and password and won't allow me to create a new one. Where do I find that username and password?? It never asked me to create one when downloading.

HP Recommended

Loading SDM should not change anything with Windows 10 and cause it to ask for a username and password

SDM doesn't ask for a password.  It is simply a tool that can be used to download drivers and updates.

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.