cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
willt1
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Envy 13 Dangerously hot

HP Recommended
HP Envy 13 P/N NQ80EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi all,
I have had a HP Envy 13 for the bestablishment part of 6 months. And throughout that time I have been constantly frustrated by one thing. The area under the HP logo on the keyboard gets extremely hot. So hot that it will burn you fingers when typing. There is no way you could rest the laptop on your legs unless you wanted to lose them both.
I've run realtemp software and I get readings of around 90-98°c at any one time. I'm no expert but I've read that at around 100°c Intel deems it's products to be unsafe. I have also used an external temperature sensing device that uses lasers and gives temperature to the 10th of a degree and the shell is coming up at just above 54°c after being on for about 5 minutes.
I understand HP has issued product recalls due to battery heat. I have checked and my device isn't included in this recall.
I also have seen many others with the HP Envy 13 encountering this problem.
It'd be really helpful to speak to someone from HP as this is definitely a hardware issue on their behalf. I literally only use the laptop for Microsoft Word so it's not like I'm really putting it under any unneccesary strain.
I completely belive that this product is dangerous and I am worried that any issues present will get worse and become a major fire issue.
Many thanks
Will
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
willt1
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Sorry for all the spelling mistakes. I have had to submit this from my phone due to my computer being currently used to cook dinner.
0 Kudos
JeffHelp
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,647 9,639 7 162
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello willt1,

In order to assist you I will need additional information.  Once I receive your response, I will forward it to my colleagues.

Please include:

- Your full name

- Country location

- Telephone contact number

- Email address

- Model and Serial number of your unit

- Brief description of your problem

- Any HP Case numbers or HP Service Ticket numbers you may have been provided by HP

- HP Support Forum Username

I look forward to your response,

Best regards,

Jeff Christopher

Executive Customer Relations

HP Inc

Palo Alto, California

I work for HP
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation