ADXRebel Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post

HP Envy 13t - battery life

My battery seems to only last for about 4 hours.  Any body else have this problem and is there a remedy?

3 REPLIES
ADXRebel Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

The backlit on my keyboard does not work.  How do you turn on the backlit feature?

0 Kudos
ADXRebel Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post

My laptop seems to get quite hot.  I've download the latest updates to see if that helps but still heats up.  Any solutions or do I have faulty laptop?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
7771 449 839
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post

Hi there @ADXRebel,

May the Forums be with you!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.  I understand that you have some issues with battery life, the backlight and heat  I am happy to help with this.

First I do need some more information. Please post the full product number and verify the operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.  HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?  HP PCs - How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer

For the battery issue, apparently the specifications indicate a battery charge lasting up to 7 1/2 hours.  This is normally the power duration if a system is running under a power saving power plan in the power options and if the there are no external devices attached drawing power from the system. In any device the actual duration of a charge is more about what you are doing with the device. If you are running any programs that are graphically intense or require constant access to the hard drive, while running, or something that is using a CD or DVD, it is all going to reduce the duration of a charge.

You should find one or more of these documents of help as well:.

HP Notebook PCs - Improving Battery Performance (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista)

HP Notebook PCs - Managing Power Options (Windows 10)

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

I have also included the following for the heat issue you mentioned and one that may apply for the backlit keyboard.

HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating

HP Notebook PCs - Using HP Cool Control to Reduce Heat

HP Notebook PCs - Turning a Backlit Keyboard On or Off

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation