cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
10 7 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP Envy 14 Haswell battery life?

HP Recommended

I have one of the new HP Envy 14's with the new Haswell CPUs. I could have sworn when I first got it I was getting about 6 hours of battery life. Now it seems fully charged it's less than 3 hours. Is this consistent with what anybody else is seeing?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
10 7 0 1
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have gotten no replies but lots of views, so I can only assume 3 hours battery life on the new Envy is normal.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,909
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI dcwebman:

I am sending you a link to Power and Battery click here.  I am also including a document on "Using and Testing the ENVY Accessory Battery"  click here. If you require further assistance, please let me know the exact model of Envy 14 and what operating system you are running.

Sparkles1

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
10 7 0 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the information. I'll see if any of them help. My model is the HP Envy 14t-k000 and I'm still running Windows 8, needing to upgrade to 8.1. So replacement/accessory battery impossible.

BTW, I guess since you posted information, that means 3 hours battery life is not normal for this Ultrabook.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,909
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi dcwebman:

The normal amount of battery life will vary with the programs running. The more programs, the faster the battery will discharge. Some programs require more than others.  I am sending a link to a document on "Improving Battery Performance (Windows 8, 7, Vista)" click here. Please let me know if this has helped.

Sparkles1

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation