cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
b_p_m
6 5 0 0
Message 21 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy 15 (15-3040nr) keeps adjusting the volume automatically. Need feature off! Please help!

I have an HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC and I have this problem. I have Windows 8. There is no "enhancement" tab on anything so please don't suggest that. i seriously, seriously hate this feature. Somebody please help.

0 Kudos
Level 9
2,594 2,628 114 526
Message 22 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy 15 (15-3040nr) keeps adjusting the volume automatically. Need feature off! Please help!

Hey b_p_m, 

I'm sorry that you're running into this sound issue. Which Envy m6 do you have? Pressing FN + ESC is the quickest way to find your product number. Also let me know what your BIOS is, please (in the same window as the product number). 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CPerdomo73
Level 3
37 36 0 7
Message 23 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@b_p_m wrote:

I have an HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC and I have this problem. I have Windows 8. There is no "enhancement" tab on anything so please don't suggest that. i seriously, seriously hate this feature. Somebody please help.

Welcome to the club b_p_m,

I have the same model with the same problem. What worked for me was to revert the driver in order to disable the "b" feature in order to shut it down. Now I use the regular windows drive and the problem is gone.

Of course, the sound enhancement is gone. However, the sound is still very good.

b_p_m
6 5 0 0
Message 24 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AxshunJaxun wrote:

Hey b_p_m, 

I'm sorry that you're running into this sound issue. Which Envy m6 do you have? Pressing FN + ESC is the quickest way to find your product number. Also let me know what your BIOS is, please (in the same window as the product number). 

C2N76UA#ABA is the product number. For the record, there's no "enhancements" tab anywhere, which i know I said before, but nobody seems to understand that. Bios is F.25

0 Kudos
Level 9
2,594 2,628 114 526
Message 25 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for providing that information.

Your BIOS is up-to-date. I understand that there isn't an enhancements tab so I will not suggest that. Which audio driver version do you have? You can check that in Device Manager > Expand Sound, video and game controllers > Double Click on IDT HD Audio > Click on the Driver tab and make a note of the driver version number. 

The latest audio driver is IDT HD 6.10.6433.0. If you have an earlier version, download and install 6.10.6433.0 form here. If you already have the latest version, try uninstalling it and reinstalling it from the Driver tab. 

Let me know the results when you get a chance 🙂

0 Kudos
b_p_m
6 5 0 0
Message 26 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I didn't have that driver, but I downloaded it! The issue still seems to be present, so what do I do now?

0 Kudos
Level 9
2,594 2,628 114 526
Message 27 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok try disabling communications headphones. 

1. Right-click on the Volume Speaker in the System Tray

PB1.jpg

2. Click Playback Devices

3. Right-click Communications Headphones

PB2b.jpg

4. Click Disable, Apply and OK

5. Test the sound and let me know the results when you get a chance 🙂

0 Kudos
Level 9
2,594 2,628 114 526
Message 28 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any luck disabling Communications Headphones?

0 Kudos
Teaj
1 1 0 0
Message 29 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Exact same problem as stated above, my drivers all up to date (even re installed the new version a second time)
I have no enhancement tab either

The volume swings are extremely annoying.

HP ENVY m6-k088ca Sleekbook 

0 Kudos
Ljott
1 1 0 0
Message 30 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

I am having the same exact problem and it's driving me up the fall. I have win 8 and everything is updated and new, actually, and there is no "enhancement", as said by the others. I've read all kinds of forums but nothing has helped. Please, could someone help me resolve this?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation