cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Crewzar
Level 3
36 23 1 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy 15 J112TX runs hot when vidoe rendering

Hi all firstly i hope this post is in the correct place.

i purchased this Envy 15 about 5 weeks ago and so far am loving it.

i do have one concern though and that is the temp it shows when rendering or processing videos. (All 8 cores)

i use Corel Video studio Pro X7 for assembling, editing and processing my "Home Movies".

i also use Any Video Convertor (ultimate V5.6.0) for other bits an peices.

i have noticed Constant temps around the high 70's and some over 80c whilst either of these applications are running (neither at the same time)

i have tried 2 things to try and overcome this situation, being 1/ elevating the back of my laptop to increase the area around the bottom to allow more air flow, & 2/ elevating the back on a "cooler stand".

i have even tried setting the "priority" of this taske to "LOW" and the affinity to only use 3 or 4 core, but the temps are still very high.

the other thing that is concerning is the ambient temp were i am at the moment is only around 15-20c. and can be 30 - 40c in summer.

as this laptop is new there would be no issue with the fan or cooling port requireing cleaning???

i am concerned about the long term affect of these temps but these proccess are not a daily occurance.

specs of this machine are ...

core I7 4700 MQ, 8g ram, NVIDIA GeForce 2GB 740M, 1tb HDD.

any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

'

Regards Wayne.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Retired
Retired
3,791 3,687 232 478
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Wayne,

I see that when using software to video render, the Notebook is running high temperatures. I will try to help you with this.

I would like you to look at this document: Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating. It will guide you through steps to help reduce the heat within you Notebook, as well as how to prevent overheating. At the end of the document there's also others that you may want to take a look at as well.

I hope this is able to help you in reducing the high temp's. Please let me know how it goes. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

I worked on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Crewzar
Level 3
36 23 1 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Futoji and thanks for you responce.

i have read the document/s as you outlined and have made some notes against each step.

Step 1: Remove dust and lint by cleaning vents

i hope this is NOT the case as this laptop is only 5 weeks old.... (Purchased 06/04/2014). i have checked the external vents and they appear fine.

Step 2: Ensure proper space for ventilation

i always have plenty of space surrounding my laptop

Step 3: Place the computer in a cooler room

When i first noticed this the ambient Temp of the room i was in was about 17 Deg Cel.

Step 4: Test for hardware failure

i hope this is NOT the case as this laptop is only 5 weeks old.... (Purchased 06/04/2014)

one thing i have also noticed from the very first boot up of this laptop is the fans always run, even when NOTHING is being done.

i am currently looking at an "Intel" widget at the moment and average temp across all cores is 42 Deg C, whilst the ambient temp in my office is 19 Deg C.

Regards Wayne

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3,791 3,687 232 478
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for the reply with that information.

Based on what you've provided and the fact the Notebook is only 5 weeks old. I would recommend that you contact support, to see what they can do for your issue.

HP Technical Support, North America 1-800-474-6836. For all other regions click here.

Thanks for your reply.

I worked on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
Crewzar
Level 3
36 23 1 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi Futoji,

it appears there is an "issue" with my laptop. i ahve contacted support and they are going to arraange for my laptop to be picked up and "looked at".

i will update you as i find out more details.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation