cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Envy 17 3002ea Update to Bios f.08 breaks Intel HD Graphics device

HP Recommended

Hi

After a quite a bit of faffing around I eventually managed to get switchable graphics working in Windows 8 on my Envy 17 3002ea. 

Following the recent release of dedicated catalyst drivers for my laptop, I decided to roll back from AMD's reference drivers (v9.0.0x).   The new drivers list the f.08 version of the BIOS as a pre-requisite, so I applied the BIOS update.  As a result the HD 3000 graphics has been rendered inoperable in device manager - the ATI card works just fine as before.

I don't appear to be the only person with this issue, see

http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-drivers-software-forum/630212-drivers-hp-envy-15-3xxx-envy-17-3xx...

I'm planning on rolling back to f0.6 for now to resolve this issue, but I hope this post will prevent a few lost hours for anyone trying to work out what happened to their Intel HD device.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Level 5
268 267 15 33
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Make the Download from chipset first, maybe work.

If don't work you can Install this program:  http://www.ma-config.com/

This program verify the correct driver and the latest update from your board and is available driver from windows 8.

If don't work back to F.06 to solved your problem.

Att Cristian

If this anwser help you click in Kudos to tanks.

Tank You.

If you don't have more question click in Accept as Solution to close this case.

If this answer help you click in Kudos to tanks.

Best Regards Cristian Derick.
Senior Support Analyst.
0 Kudos
Level 5
268 267 15 33
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here the link from your drivers :

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=br&prodNameId=5181008&...

Att Cristian

If this answer help you click in Kudos to tanks.

Best Regards Cristian Derick.
Senior Support Analyst.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation