Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Envy 17 Left Hinge Screw
Options
‎09-13-2016 09:05 PM
Product Name: HP Envy 17
Wow , I have had the same problem , left hinge screw and besel came off and then got stuck between the screen and keyboard . Went to close the lap top and the screw was stuck in the hinge and next thing you know I have a cracked screen. Bought this laptop in December still under warranty , but HP says that this is not a know issue so they will not cover physical damage. Then I find this message board and wow , here we are all with a left hinge screw issue. Only problem this caused a broken screen. My case has been escalated still waiting for a call or email . Any one have any advise? Geek Squad wants over 1000.00 to fix screen , that is more than I paid for the laptop new. Really disapointed in HP service , have a second HP Envy 17 in shop under warranty repair for a fan malfunction , they are fixing that one. This really may be my last HP. I own about 14 machines between my office and home. May be time to look for something else.

HP Recommended

I have yet to hear from anyone at HP. Has anyone else? If no one responds today (and I mean with more than "someone will contact you sometime"), I suggest that we start posting reviews on the HP website, Amazon, Staples, etc.

Does anyone agree?

HP Recommended

Someone for HP sent me a PM asking for info to forward to his colleague at HP. I just sent him the information, and I hope that this gets resolved soon. For all practical purposes, my laptop can only be used as a docked desktop. 

I am wondering though, even if it is fixed, will the laptop just fail again - i.e. will the new case and screws start falling out again?

HP Recommended

I also have an HP Envy 17 with the broken hinge issue. My laptop is around 2 years old and I have been using a combination of tape and clips to hold it together for a while but it's now got the the point where this no longer works.  I stumbled on this forum while looking for replacement parts.  HP - please let me know what the next steps are to fix? Thanks.

HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
HP Recommended

I also have the same problem. I noticed this the other day. Separation near the left hinge, small broken pieces coming out of the opening. I do not want the problem to worsen.

Computer is out of warranty. I don't mind getting it fixed, but is the fix really going to solve the problem? or is this just going to happen again down the road? Is it something we can do ourselves by ordering the correct parts? I thought i bought a quality laptop (at least i paid the equivalent for one).

Please help. This is my work computer, and i can't afford to have it go out of commission.

-Anthony

HP Recommended

@tha_Realness

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. 2 year old Envy 17. I would appreciate some info on how to fix before the problem gets worse. Currently it cracks slightly when opening and the bottom cover pops open about 3mm.

HP Recommended

@MichaelBourne

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Could you PM me how best to fix this issue? 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.