cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
v4abrew
Level 2
32 27 0 6
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Envy 17-J029nr "Bricked BIOS"

HP Recommended

I upgraded my BIOS to F.35 and it said it was successful but now it boots with a black screen. I have tried the Windows+B Key but it flashed 2 times on the Caps Lock which means BIOS Corruption. I erased the hard drive a long time ago so I have no access to HP_TOOLS on there but I can create one for the Flash Drive.

Now, question is how to get the BIOS FILES on the flash drive to flash it properly? Any idea?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
v4abrew
Author
Level 2
32 27 0 6
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If someone could make me a Recovery by using a USB and then uploading the files I would appreciate it. Sadly, for some stupid reason HP fixed it to where you can't do this on any other system except the HP Envy Haswell J Series or use the 3rd option to provide me with just the bios file.

STEP 1

STEP 2

STEP 3

j1m0t
Level 2
37 35 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

*bump*

Did you get anywhere with this? Any luck with a friendly passerby sending you the BIOS files?

Leonerd007
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Im so glad,your post help to restore the bios of my envy 17-j029nr,i follow your steps,and my notebook returns from death...LOL

Thank-you so much my friend,greetins from Brazil !!!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation