Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,200 41,450 4,526 11,873
Message 11 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is nothing wrong with the Chinese replacement batteries.

Just do a search online with the product name of your notebook and replacement battery as keywords.

Make sure that you choose a manufacturer or seller who gives a year warranty on the battery.

I have ordered and replaced batteries for older notebooks with chinese batteries and had them work for 3 years without issue.

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to find the product number

#HelpStopTheSpread #Don'tBeAntisocialWearAMask
#PracticeSocialDistancing
0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 5 0 0
Message 12 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've been in contact with HP support, and they tell me that since the whole bottom panel of the laptop needs to be removed in order to replace the computer, they can't ship the battery out to me. The only solution they have right now is to have me ship my computer to them so they can replace the battery themselves. It is far from ideal, as it means having to go without my computer for about a week, but it's the only option right now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 4 0 0
Message 13 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The battery is easily replaced without (having to send the entire laptop), even not so handy people can:  remove the cover ( move the battery slider lock , remove four screws from the other half so you can remove as well , then remove the 3 ( or 4 ) screws that hold the battery, remove the sticker that holds the leads in place , unplug the 10 wire socket , done . insert battery and reverse above actions. it is without exageration a 5 min job.( And if they are not able to, or afraid to, any local pc shop can do that for you for a small fee in the same 5 minutes )

While some might have good experience with Chinese batteries, yours truly has not and god forgive i have tried many : from standard Nicd, NiMh, Li-ion to Lipo and LiFe. 

If you've ever seen a li-ion or LiPo fail ( overheat during charge or short-circuit) one would be more cautious about buying from non reputed sellers.

furthermore is my experience that those chinese resellers batteries lifespan is limited because either they are improperly balanced, quality of the cells are not the same ( resulting in failure of one cell = battery dead) , even a simple but important SAFETY component like a PTC they use failed on me ( probably recycled PTC's ), luckely for me the circuit I used also had a cut-off chip.

The spec's are often wrong aswell ( once you start to measure), and warranty non existing ( if you try to use it ).

Battery casings often don't fit either. (  been there ...done that)

I'm sure there are reliable Chinese battery providers , the odds in picking the right one are slim .

So if HP can point me to a reliable Chinese manufacturer i would be very glad ... and already helped a lot

(Even pointing me to the reseller of the 6 Square 3.7 Vdc / 14,7 Wh cells used ,so not asking much here )

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 14 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am in the similar situation. I have Envy 17inch 3D laptop which I received as a gift. Model HP 17-3090NR. The machine is dead - it stopped even working through the power cord (as it turns out the power cord was re-called, so I'm waiting for the replacement). But the batery is a different issue.

I have located this vendor and it looks like the battery might work , but there are some differences and I'm not sure HOW they will effect the work of the computer

http://www.getpartsonline.com/657503-001-a.html or

http://www.amazon.com/Battery-17t-3000-Tpn-i103-Hstnn-ib3f-657240-171/dp/B00L8TN47I/ref=cm_cr_pr_pro...

Original HP battery model 657503-001 is a 9 cell battery 91Wh, 4.1Ah Li-ion (9-cell, 91-Wh, 4.1-Ah, Li-ion)  

HP Original 12 Cell 91 Whr Battery

who knows it id it safe to put it into the laptop???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
6 6 0 1
Message 15 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have the same model, and the HP Support site told me to purchase the WRONG battery! I'm just glad I got it on Amazon for an easy return. Meanwhile, like y'all, I'm stuck to an outlet and have intermittent back-light issues that are getting worse. When is HP offering a replacement? Otherwise fine & upgraded; not paying their prices just for portability. Going to ASUS when I can.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 5 0 0
Message 16 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I contacted HP when I couln't find an original replacement battery. They told me they couldn't ship one to me as the laptop had to be basically taken apart to replace it, and that I had to ship my laptop to them so they could replace the battery.

I did, and after a week they called and said they didn't have the battery in stock after all and that I could wait an extra month for it to be back in stock, or they could send me a new laptop. I opted for the new laptop, and they sent me an Envy 17-k011nr.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
6 6 0 1
Message 17 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How much did you have to pay for the upgrade? & was your original laptop still under warranty? I've had mine for just over four years now. Thanks for providing a glimmer of an option.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 5 0 0
Message 18 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I didn't have to pay anything, not even shipping. But I had the extended warranty, so my computer was still covered.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 19 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As the battery died - I realized that the power cord has been recalled by HP. Received the replacement and tried to tuen on the laptop WITHOUT battery through the new cord and old power adapter. Laptop is dead. waiting for the new power adapter and new battery.... if that does not work... I was actually considering upgrading the mSATA from 80GGB to 416 SSD, IF the machine boots up...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
22 13 0 1
Message 20 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too am searching for HP Envy 17 battery

Part number 657503-001

I called HP Parts and they referred me to 3 suppliers.  I called each one and none of them had batterys.  This is a 2012 laptop, high end and I can't find replacement battery.  Existing battery does not hold a charge.   

Why would HP fail to support their laptops, especially a HIGH end laptop.

any luck anyone??

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation