cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jgenova
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Envy 4......... HP_Tools .sig .s12 and .bin files needed

HP Recommended

Need the following files located in the HP_Tools partition as I accidently deleted mine and I need these files to unbrick my laptop.

01894.sig

01894.bin

01894.s12

If you own a HP Envy 4, I would appreciate if you could upload the above files

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Malygris1
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 454 848
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi jgenova,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you have accidentally deleted some files from the HP_Tools partition. I would be happy to help you but it is necessary to get some more details to properly assist you. More detail about your product like the product number and OS version. Please read the following documents if you need help in finding that.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

With the product/model number you can go to the support page for your product and create a flash drive on a usb memory stick and recreate the HP_Tools partition. You would want to select the HP Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) Support Environment that supports your product.

With your product number, use this link

On that page enter your product number, In the box below, "Enter my model number", then click find my product

From the list select the link that matches your laptop.

On the next page confirm your OS from the dropdown and click next.

This will take you to the support page specific to your laptop.

Select the drivers heading if it isn't already.

From the list of Software and Drivers, there should be one labeled "Diagnostic"

From  there you should find the UEFI for your computer. Download if and follow the installation instructions.

Some other items that may be helpful to you:

HP Support Assistant

HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 😎
Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 7, Windows Vista)

Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 😎

Restoring the BIOS

Let me know if any of this was helpful to you, or if you need any more assistance.

Regards,

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
klaahs
3 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I know this is late but I just stumbled upon SP72954 - it contains many .bin, .sig and .s12 files that can be used in your favorite way to update your BIOS. 

For example SP63599 allows you to create a USB that contains the diagnostics which will launch upon pressing F2 at the Boot/Startup Menu. Just copy the relevant .bin,.sig &.s12 files from SP72954 onto the USB then use the Firmware option to select the .bin file.

This worked for me today using 01894.bin... 

Cheers,

Kevin

0 Kudos
19EinstBarry97
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a similar problem. Could you please upload the files? I tried the BIOS Recovery using the 3 in 1 Diagnostics tool, but it didn't work (Version was F.23 but the DIagnostics had a newer revision of F.25). I have an Envy 6-1011tu. It uses the same System Board ID and BIOS as the Envy 4.

Please Help!!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation