Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jimiwills Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy M6 Broken hinge and flaws with outer casing

HP Envy M6
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I bought this Notebook about 3 years ago. I have been experiencing problems with opening and closing it. It appears to be breaking around the hinges. 

At a glance i don't think it will last more then a few months without something coming loose. 
Is there anything i can do to get this problem resolved before it breaks perminantly.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
38587 38405 5891 10265
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy M6 Broken hinge and flaws with outer casing

The hinges are seizing up which puts too much torque and pressure on the supporting parts like the mounting screws and the plastics. Is the plastic actually breaking? Hinges are not expensive to buy. If none of the plastic has broken yet it should be possible to just replace the hinges. If you really want to try to do it yourself we can help with a manual and a source link for the hinges. Since you are 2 years past warranty the only help HP would offer at this point (through official HP Support channels) is a full retail price repair, perhaps a small discount off that. You can also have a local shop do the work and I would expect a labor bill of around $125 plus the cost of any parts. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation