cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gwestbound
Level 2
5 3 1 3
Message 1 of 68
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Envy M6 Broken hinge

HP Recommended
HP Envy M6
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I  just came across this topic.

My HP Envy m6-1184ca, purchased November 7, 2012, also has a broken hinge. It broke in normal use a couple of months after the warranty expired. I was quoted $300 for the repair, roughly 50% of the purchase price. With no relief forthcoming I declined the repair and have been using it by propping the screen against several books.

I look to HP to repair to computer at minimum or no cost to me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwestbound
Author
Level 2
5 3 1 3
Message 5 of 68
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm happy to report the matter has been quickly and favorably resolved.

HP will repair my long suffering Envy M6 at its cost.

Many thanks to danny, jeff and dominique.

GW

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
67 REPLIES 67
danny-r
Retired
Retired
8,250 6,188 144 481
Message 2 of 68
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@gwestbound

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
John_B_
Level 1
12 12 0 0
Message 3 of 68
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just curious, did HP help you at all in fixing your laptop??? I have a similar problem with mine.  Thanks for any info.

gwestbound
Author
Level 2
5 3 1 3
Message 4 of 68
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here's the latest.

Jeff requested identifying information including my HP Envy M6's model and serial numbers. Shortly thereafter Dominique, an HP Case Manager, telephoned me.

I outlined the widespread broken hinge problem, that appears to be the result of an HP design or manufacturing quality lapse, and requested the necessary repair at no cost as has been done for other out of warranty HP Forum members.

She advised she will discuss the matter with persons in authority and get back to me this morning.

GW   

gwestbound
Author
Level 2
5 3 1 3
Message 5 of 68
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm happy to report the matter has been quickly and favorably resolved.

HP will repair my long suffering Envy M6 at its cost.

Many thanks to danny, jeff and dominique.

GW

View solution in original post

KarinM1123
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 68
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with my HP Envy. The left corner Hinge is coming apart - what can I do? I have not even had the computer a year. 

danny-r
Retired
Retired
8,250 6,188 144 481
Message 7 of 68
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@KarinM1123

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
rahul003
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 68
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi, I just saw this thread.

I am facing the same issue. I have tried to take great care and haven't dropped my laptop. There was a lot of tension on the plastic part near left hinge. And it has cracked. I have to hold it while opening, but there's still lot of tension, and it's worsening. I just found out about how widespread this issue is, and that HP is repairing this issue. Can you please repair mine as well? I bought it in India, am currently in the US. I would prefer to get it repaired in the US, but I am also travelling to India in August.

Please help. Apart from the hinge issue, the laptop works beautifully, and has excellent battery life despite being old.
jakeshakeanbake
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 68
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue my left hinge broke and the plastic bottom of my laptop disconnected.  I can push it back together,but the next time I open the laptop it seperates.   Now since I'm at school (and I can't go without my laptop) the right side is having the same issue.

SthrnDixieGrl
Level 4
114 86 1 6
Message 10 of 68
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jakeshakeanbake wrote:

I have the same issue my left hinge broke and the plastic bottom of my laptop disconnected.  I can push it back together,but the next time I open the laptop it seperates.   Now since I'm at school (and I can't go without my laptop) the right side is having the same issue.

I am having the same issue on a different HP laptop, but just on the left side and have to do the same thing.  Then that danny-r that posted that message above posted the same last week on the thread I started and I have not heard from HP.  I think he just pastes the same automated message every where.

HP Pavilion 15t-bc000 CTO Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) (Windows 10 Professional)/HP ENVY TouchSmart m7-j020dx Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) (Windows 8.1)
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation