cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Exsalzor-Karl Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy M6 Issue - Screen hinges, Plastic and Speaker grill

HP Envy M6
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello HP, my name is Karl, i'm from Ireland and I'm posting in regards to my HP Envy m6.

My name is probably in your books for repair and replacement on a couple of different occasions all pinpointing towards the same problem, the exterior of my laptop. Through researching different websites for selling second hand laptops such as eBay, donedeal  etc  in each case for the HP Envy m6 they all have the exact same issues and are being sold for a reason in order to get some sort of money for the poorly crafted laptop they bought for X700 plus. I enjoy the performance of the laptop, I've had it for four years and had it repaired with warranty I had, but no longer have.

I'm not the only customer who has had this issue, proof lies in the forum search;

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=HP+Envy+M6+Broken+hinge

Speaking for all of the unhappy HP customers, a recall on this extremelly common issue is much needed, i'm fully aware that there was a recall stated on the HP website, but I was never informed.

For those who aren't as well off as others, repair costs for the hopeful 800 euro laptop in which was presumed to last by most customers who were capable of coughing up this money, is far too expensive. I would just like to squeeze as much time as possible out of this laptop as I'm currently low on funds and am facing the life changing exam referred to as the Leaving Cert.

Side points;

-life expectancy of the laptop is stated to be 3 years. Surely life expectancy would increase after being repaired twice.

-This is not the only model with hinge issues.

"HP issued a recall in November 2008, but set strict deadline – May 31, 2009 – for anyone who wanted compensation for their broken laptops. Those who contacted the company by this date were offered replacement hinges on all qualifying notebook PCs. Due to the short timeline and hard deadline, however, many customers missed out on HP's "service enhancement program," (the company's name for the recall), either because they didn't know about it or didn't have problems until the deadline had passed.

All I want is a laptop that doesn't crack and screen flicker when I open it, it's almost like everytime I open the screen it's closer to snapping off.

Hope to hear from you soon, 

Karl.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired Omar-E
Retired
10,015 6,596 119 419
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy M6 Issue - Screen hinges, Plastic and Speaker grill

@Exsalzor-Karl

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation