Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
GHill1 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy Touch 17 casing separating at left hinge

HP Envy Touch Smart 17 Noteboo
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the exact same problem described on many discussion boards.   Envy 17  - the corner of the case is spreading apart. Closed, I can press it back together, but when opened the corner pops open again.  It seems to get worse every time it's opened. Note also, the hinge on that side (left) looks like it is sitting lower than the right when open.

I've read TONS of this complaint on the Internet. Is it true that these hinges are GLUED in place? Has this been officially recognized as a design flaw by HP yet? Has there been a warranty extension issued? This seems to be a very widespread problem. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
IlHelios Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy Touch 17 casing separating at left hinge

it is pretty obvious by now that there is a flaw in the design. The sad part is that the problem doesn't happen until you are either close to being out of warranty or out of warranty. I just posted about this problem today, mine is a bit worse since it is happening on both sides. Hopefully hp addresses this issue.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation