Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Envy Touchsmart 15 Failing Hinges

HP Recommended
HP Envy TS 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop was purchased in 4/14 (2-3/4 yrs old) and is off warranty.  Both L/R hinges have become very loose with 1.5" of swing open "slop" and start of seam opening between silver keyboard top and plastic lower botom.  It is a TouchSmart model that has a almost non-existant use of touch input and been well proctected with minimal mobile use.  It is a A10, 8MB, 1GB HD unit with a great deal of additional potrential service.

When "HP ENvy hinge problems" was Googled I was alarmed to hear about several user instances of HP Envy hinge issues have been noted.

This is an obvious design flaw as the Envy models are intended to be thin and light premium models with TouchSmart input capability and mobile and therefore should have been designed for extensive TouchSmart input.  As a 25 year I.T. veteran with former roles in flield systems engineer management and traveling with laptops and after owning several HP laptops and equipment, I know that less than 3 years of light use is unacceptable HP quality.

I wish to be contacted to discuss equitable options before this unit fails completely and is unusable. 

I also wish to also know if there is true engineering fix to overcome the weak hinge issue or would a HP repair just kick the problem down the road.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
4,641 3,064 52 154
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation