Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi wvcadle,

I am sorry that information did not help. Where is the router in location to the computer? I suggest Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 😎 to update all the drivers on your computer.

Here are a couple of documents that may help as well,  Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 😎 and  Airplane Mode (Windows 😎.

If this does not resolve your issue then please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link to get the support number for your region. Contact HP Worldwide

I hope this helps, please let me know how it goes.

Best of luck and have a great day!

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Advance23, you're still not accepting responsibility on behalf of HP that this is a problem with the card.  As such, I find it unnecessary for you to continue responding to this post.

HP Recommended

@wvcadle wrote:

Advance23, you're still not accepting responsibility on behalf of HP that this is a problem with the card.  As such, I find it unnecessary for you to continue responding to this post.

i agree they told me the same "fixes"in my other thread reagrdless of me telling them that it still does not work its a issue they are failing to address and are trying to claim our laptops are faulty when they are not even the insotre ones where funny with the internet. hp need fix this problem soon. hopefully soon in a new system/wifi driver update 

HP Recommended

This is NOT official HP Customer Support and I, as most other persons on this forum, do not work for HP. This is a peer-to-peer user supported forum for HP consumer class products. HP maintains no official presence on this forum and it is unlikely that HP will respond in an official capacity. Any reply from a HP employee represents their own opinion and not that of HP's.

Just because you say it is not your router, doesn't make it true. I had updated my router firmware and I began to get wireless connection problems on some (only some) of my devices. Your router's firmware may be the source of your troubles. You may consider updating the firmware to see if that helps.

Also try installing the Intel Wireless_17.1.0_De164.exe for Windows 8.1 driver. This driver may help with your issue. May require uninstalling the original factory driver and previous updates.

Please read the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation that you agreed to. 

If the above assistance doesn't solve your issue, please contact official HP support in your region / country, via the HP Worldwide Support Portal, for further assistance with this issue.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

@lasvegaswireman, while HP may not participate on these pages in an official capacity, they are hosting them.

And btw, if I 'say' it isn't the router, it 'isn't'.  How do I know, other than being a former IT professional?  Well, let me explain:

1. The easiest way to troubleshoot any computer problem is to try to eliminate variables.  In this case, the easiest thing to do, which I stated I did in this thread, is try other systems.  Namely, I have an Android phone and two other laptops that seem to stay connected just fine to my router.

2. But wait!  There's more.  After flashing new firmware to my router and noticing no difference, I upgraded and bought a new router.. one that is dual-band AC.. gigabit, the whole shabang.  The problem persists.. even with the latest firmware on the new router.

3. Throughout the process I've updated to the latest drivers obtained directly from Intel (via HP's official support team).  No changes.

4. If you took 60 seconds to 'Google' this Intel Dual-Band Wireless AC-7260 adapter, you would have found hundreds of threads with thousands of posts about this same issue.

Have you heard of Bayesian inference?  Although I apply it to fantasy football, it could be twisted to fit this scenario (the masses are collectively speaking, all having the same issue).  Don't you think, maybe, it sounds like there's an issue with the card and/or drivers?

It takes little more than common sense with a smidge of logic to draw that conclusion.

As for the terms and conditions you spoke of.. would you like to expound on those?  I have to apologize for being part of the 99% of folks who don't waste their time reading them.

HP Recommended

thank you atleast someone here is aggreing with me and my problems i personlaly dont think hp want to help after contacting support they where making me run cirlces which did not help. the terms and conditions. does not state we cant complain about a unsatisfactory product does it ?? 

HP Recommended

For me personally, because I was experiencing the same problems and got sick of it so I came here. And this is what I did. I went to the start screen and searched for device manager. Then i went to the network adapters. Then I right clicked on the wireless adapter and selected enable. And suddenly I have wifi again! You can't even begin to understand the anger and relief I felt. I hope this helps you like it helped me!

HP Recommended

It sounds like you were lucky to have only found your network card disabled.  Mine is always enabled but continues to have problems.

HP Recommended

Nevermind, I'm still experiencing the same problem. I went to the Intel website and updated my driver from them and it still didn't do anything. I'm really getting tired of this. My model number is 15-u011dx. If anyone could help me, it would be highly appreciated.

HP Recommended

Called HP and sent them !y crash logs fom my constant bsod and they reflashed my product should be here Monday will update when I test to see if WiFi still does not connect and my bsod continue

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.