cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Zora96
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Envy charger stopped charging

HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I was playing a game while charging my laptop and it tells me I have 12% remaining. I think it's the charger that's the problem, my laptop works fine. It's dead now and when I plug it back in, the light doesn't show up. Any other ways to figure out what's wrong or does it sound like I need a new charger?
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
redlofredlof
Level 7
Level 7
804 780 69 164
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

With the PC in OFF mode, 

connect the ac adapter and wait for 15 minutes

after that, touch the Brick portion of the AC adapter and see if it is warm, if it is cold (at room temperature), then the ac adapter is probably kaput.

You would need to get a new one or have it replaced under warranty.

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answerAccept as Solutionif it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation