cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Envy laptop - can't use vol up and down buttons when requested to clear tpm

HP Recommended
ENVY LAPTOP

I Recently upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10 but found I was having error running a program called Sketchup. I decided to reset my Laptop back to factory settings. I know have a screen asking me to clear the TPM and to press either volume up or volume down button, but they Command are not ace pets and the screen is now locked. Powering off does not work, as it keeps coming back to the same screen. What do I do?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,299 2,042
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! @Tony1962, Thank you for joining the HP Forums!

I understand that you are getting a message to clear the TPM on your laptop.

Please try the steps recommended below.

Open the TPM Management (tpmadmin.msc) snap-in.
In the Action pane, click Turn TPM Off to display the Turn off the TPM Security Hardware page.
In the Turn off the TPM security hardware dialog box, select a method for entering your owner password and turning off the TPM:
If you have the removable media onto which you saved your TPM owner password, insert it, and then click I have a backup file with the TPM owner password. In the Select backup file with the TPM owner password dialog box, click Browse to locate the .tpm file saved on your removable media, click Open, and then click Turn TPM Off.

If you do not have the removable media onto which you saved your TPM owner password, click I want to type the TPM owner password. In the Type your TPM owner password dialog box, enter your password (including hyphens), and then click Turn TPM Off.

If you do not know your TPM owner password, click I do not have the TPM owner password, and follow the instructions provided in the dialog box and subsequent BIOS screens to turn off the TPM without entering the password. 

Also, boot into BIOS by tapping the F10 key, Go to security tab and select disable TPM.

If the issue still persists please perform a system recovery. Refer this article to know how to perform a system recovery.

Please let me know the outcome.

Have a wonderful day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation