cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BIC287 Tutor
Tutor
6 2 0 3
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy m6-1105dx Broken Hinge - Design Flaw

Envy m6 1105-dx
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

I purchased an HP Envy m6 1105-dx and was very pleased. I take very good care of my laptop and always have it in a sleeve. Shortly after the warranty expired my right hinge suddenly broke on its own. I was able to get HP to have the hinge repaired but lost possession of my laptop for two weeks during final exams. A year later the left hinge has now broken and cracked the side and bottom covers. The hinge bulges out, making it difficult and scary to close/open the laptop. The screen literally hangs at a tilt and the hinge pushes up the speaker housing and upper right corner of the keyboard. I took my laptop to the IT department at my law school to ask what they believed was the cause. Without opening or messing with the laptop they agreed that it was most likely due to a design flaw on the hinges since the right hinge (Hinge repaired previously by HP) is also beginning to break. Did we all pay $700+ to suffer with the constant need to deal with broken hinges? This is very unfortunate since HP has always had a reputable name. Now I am stuck with a $700+ laptop with a completely broken left hinge and a previously HP repaired right hinge that is not too far behind from another break. Does anyone know of any recalls or remedies to solve this issue?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
18,408 13,734 288 1,076
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BIC287 ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
danielhp22 Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have same hp model, same issue, please help ASAP, I cannot close the lid, and I'm carrying it around with screen open.  Thank you for your immiate help.

0 Kudos
JessicaLeeB Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue and its gotten so bad that it is affecting the other hinge.  I had a previous HP that actually did the same thing but never thought about it until this one did it.  My laptop also gets super hot and had to get a new hard drive becasue of it.  The same with my first HP.  Ive done all the troubleshooting and it even sits on a cooling mat with the screen barely hanging on and afraid to close or even touch it.  I have been thinking about getting a new HP but after much thought about paswt experience I dont think that i will.    

0 Kudos
Retired Omar-E
Retired
10,015 6,596 119 419
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JessicaLeeB

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation