Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Tutor
Message 1 of 2 (269 Views)

HP Envy u483cl - Windows 7 x64 downgrade - Intel Wireless AC 3165

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Envy x360 15 u483cl
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

PROBLEM:   Can anyone help me find drivers that will maximize performance?

I have downgraded my new HP-Envy to avoid Windows 10.  Eventually will dual-boot Win 7 and Linux Mint.

Have successfully installed Windows 7 (by modifying install.wim and boot.wim to include USB 3.0 drivers).

For others, SOLUTION TO "NO INTERNET CONNECTIVITY" = HP.com,  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02543015  =  f12 on my notbook, which controls "Airplane mode" - apparently defaults to "off".  NO indicator lamp, unfortunately.

Notebook product = identified above

OS - Windows 7 Professional x64

NIC = Intel Wireless AC 3165

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (241 Views)

Re: HP Envy u483cl - Windows 7 x64 downgrade - Intel Wireless AC 3165

[ Edited ]

Hi @Willie_97,

Thank you for posting at HP Forums.

I read your post about looking for the best drivers for Envy x360 15-u483cl. Unfortunately, there is only drivers for Windows 10 for this model offered by HP. You may try to scan hardware change in the Device Manager, and update using the automatic research. Hope this could help. 

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudo.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation