Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
coherr1215 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Envy x360 Battery concern

Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My new HP Envy x360 is supposed to have a battery life of 9 hours, but it doesn't. When it is fully charged at 100% the time displayed is 4 hours and 30 minutes. That is no where near the full battery life. What is wrong with my battery?

2 REPLIES
coherr1215 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post

Granted it does grow from there but the most it has ever grown to is 6 hours and 30 min 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15987 1269 2179
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post

@coherr1215

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out :)

As I understand the laptops battery is discharging and you need assistance with the same.

I have a few suggestions for you,

You will need to Understand Lithium-Ion and Smart Battery Technology: Click here for details

Checking the Status of the Battery using the HP Battery Check it’s a utility in HP Support Assistant that provides a simple but accurate test results for the battery.

The maximum capacity of all batteries decreases with time and use. Loss of battery capacity varies with product configuration and usage, including but not limited to product model, applications running, power management settings, and product features. The battery warranty covers defects in materials or workmanship that result in failure; it does not cover natural deterioration of battery capacity. To determine if a battery has had a warranted failure, you may need to run additional diagnostics.

To get the latest version of the HP Battery Check, download and install HP Support Assistant

Remember that each time a battery is discharged and recharged, its useful life is shortened. To maximize battery life, charge it fully, and then remove it from the notebook while using AC power. Only use the battery when AC power is not available, and store the battery in a cool, dry place between uses - For FAQ's click here

Calibrating the Notebook Battery

Re-install the battery drivers

If the issue persists, you will need to either contact HP phone support by clicking here.

Or using this link to know about Purchasing a Replacement Battery

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.
Both icons are below this post.

Have a good day, Ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation