HP Recovery Manager shows message "Recovery Manager Has Stopped Working". In addition I'm unable to successfully run system restore. Thoughts? Recent download was for Itunes update and Win 10 update. Thank You
Thank you for your response to my problem. If I understood your recommended solution it led me to install 74123.
I did so and it hasn't solved my problem.
I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed so let me explain what happened. Currently I'm getting the error message "system recovery has stopped working" I'm using a Pavilion notebook model M6P99AV with windows 10 and system recovery factory installed.
- On a secure web page using chrome to pay a bill when the page started to flutter.
- Shortly after I lost wifi but could hard wire through router.
- Did thorough virus scan...all ok
- Using system restore I tried to go back to an earlier date (tried 3 different date points). Computer spent a long time on every effort but failed.
- Got wifi restored
- System restore then stopped working (fails to load). Error message during loading process is "recovery manager has stopped working"
- Computer working ok but a little slower than usual.
I don't want to make things worse by pretending to be smarter than I am. Another not I'm not certain if I did the windows 10 update prior to or post problem.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.