cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Andrinni Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Folio 13 purchased approximately 22 months ago. often get not responding error

I am operating Windows 7 and have the basic folio 13.  Since purchase I have done nothing to optomize my computer except for defragmenting.  Wondering if there are some ways I could ensure it is operating at best efficiency.  Skype forever is displaying an error on startup when I go to open my contact list.  Any tips on improving speed of computer would be greatly appreciated.  Finally, I recently spilled some water on the keyboard.  Is it important to have the computer opened up for inspection?  It has been over 3 weeks and it is booting fine! 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Associate Professor Associate Professor
Associate Professor
922 881 66 357
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Folio 13 purchased approximately 22 months ago. often get not responding error

If it has been 3 months, I would not attempt to open it up and inspect it.

FOr the maintenance, I would recommend running HP Support Assistant and running the updates and tuneup options.

You can also run the MS 7 troubleshooters to help optimize the system.

Here is a link

http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation