cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Nikkomon
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP G4-1016DX LCD Does Not Light Up At Times

HP Recommended

I have a G4 and when opening the lid and powering up, fan and lights on keyboard start but no LCD.  Then later I can do the same thing and it will light up. Could it be the lid? I see no problems with the LCD when it does light up so I do not think it is the LCD screen or backlight. It seems to be the lid or maybe possibly a cable?  Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
anthony82
Level 9
2,800 2,754 181 741
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Nikkomon,

You screen will not always come on.

It could be the cable.

Here is a link to your service manual that will show you how to take apart the system and check the cable. Page 89.

Also, here is a link to a number to call HP and see what repair options they may have.

Let me know how everything goes.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Nikkomon
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks will check the cable out, then call HP. I have also noticed it is running extremely fast and bottom gets really hot.
anthony82
Level 9
2,800 2,754 181 741
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nikkomon,

You may also want to go to HP.com and update the BIOS and the Graphics.

It could be software related.

Here is a link to the updates.

Let me know how everything goes.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation