Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP G60-120US

HP Recommended
HP G60-120US
Microsoft Windows Vista

My original hard drive crashed (WD2500BEVT) and I was given a used hard drive from a friend (WD7500BPKT). Is hard drive WD7500BPKT compatible with this computer. The hard drive WD7500BPKT has windows 7 installed on it. How do I make this work so my computer will load Vista again or how can I make this computer work with windows 7? Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
42,589 42,378 6,763 11,817
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I know this seems petty but what you are trying to do is against the law. You can't use the Windows 7 from that hard drive on the HP G60. Copyright laws. You have no license for Windows 7 on your computer. You are going to have to find a copy of Windows Vista to install on the 750 gig hard drive or buy a copy of Windows 7. I know it is probably silly to ask but do you have restore disks from when you first bought the laptop? Can you still read the Windows Vista Key Code on the tag on the laptop? 

And yes the WD7500BPKT is compatible with your laptop. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg_v_oPDl7w

http://www.bobjohnson.com -- How to replace the Hard drive in the HP G60 Laptop. In this video we are upgrading the hard drive in the HP G60 part number VM08...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Im not trying to use windows 7 im just trying to use the hard drive. I took it to a shop here and they are going to wipe the new hard drive and re install vista. Charging $80. Would it be possible to upgrade this computer to Windows 10? Thank you for responding to my earlier post.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
42,589 42,378 6,763 11,817
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

80 bucks is a lot to spend although fair for what the shop is doing. It theoretically could run Windows 10 but I wouldn't. Windows 7 would be your best OS for it and you can get a downloadable fully licensed Windows 7 Home Premium for like $35 and we can help you install it. 

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation