Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello.

Recently I've upgraded my HP HDX16 model from Windows Vista Home to Windows Vista Ultimate (rather did a "fresh install" upgrade.) Ever since then, I've been getting a handful of drivers gone undetected in the device manager. Keep in mind that out of the box, all of the computer's peripherals worked as they should.

I've downloaded every driver from the HP drivers site, and these drivers remain undetected. This brought me to the relization that I might have to do a destructive reinstallation of my OS, back to Vista Home edition. This would render Vista Ultimate entirely a waste. Very agitating indeed. I contacted an HP representitve, and he identified my issue: The drivers preinstalled on the computer are tailored to the Windows Vista Home that came pre installed onto my computer. However, he could not help me fix the problem.

As a last resort, I've tried a program called Driver Genius to back up a friend's computer's (who purched the same exact model, with Vista Ultimate pre installed,) drivers. This fixed a lot of the unknown devices,but I am still left with three unknowns.I am absolutely positive that one is the fingerprint reader. It refuses to be detected on start up, and when digital persona personal is installing.

Here's the run down on the three unknowns: 

Manufacturer: Unknown

I've tried Installing DigitalPersona.

I've tried reinstalling Digital Persona.

I've tried repairing Digital Persona.

I've tried preforming a clean install of Digital Persona (uninstall, restart, reinstall.)

I've tried reinstalling Windows Vista Ultimate.

I've tried salvaging drivers from the same model of computer (with pre-isntalled Ultimate.)

Any help on detecting the identifying / detecting / providing information on where to install the drivers would be a huge help.

Thanks in advance if you think you can save me from downgrading back to home.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

ACPI\ENE0100
*ENE0100

Ene Cir Receiver here

ACPI\HPQ0004
*HPQ0004

ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection here 

USB\VID_138A&PID_0001&REV_0372
USB\VID_138A&PID_0001

Validity Fingerprint Sensor here

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi,

Go to Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Devices Manager

Click with right button of Your mouse on each yellow sign and choose properties. Then go to bottom details and paste here device id. This way we will know what it is.

Write down also Your p/n number which is under Your computer and looks like this.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Alright, here are the values for the Hardware IDS for each unknown.

ACPI\ENE0100
*ENE0100

ACPI\HPQ0004
*HPQ0004

USB\VID_138A&PID_0001

p/n: KK135AV

HP Recommended

ACPI\ENE0100
*ENE0100

Ene Cir Receiver here

ACPI\HPQ0004
*HPQ0004

ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection here 

USB\VID_138A&PID_0001

Validity Fingerprint Sensor here

HP Recommended
Kudos kudos kudos! You are a life saver! Thank you!
HP Recommended

Hi, I have same problem with unnown device for my HP Pavilion dv7 1195er,p/n FW849EA#ACB,s/n CND84319VF,it's still after installing windows 7,

kod next: USB\VID_138A&PID_0001&REV_0372 ; USB\VID_138A&PID_0001

can you help me ? fanks

HP Recommended

@kalashnikov,

It's Validity Fingerprint Sensor, but for now there isn't driver for Windows 7.

Message Edited by Daniel_Potyrala on 08-11-2009 08:39 PM

HP Recommended
fanks,i will late))
HP Recommended

Thanks to the previous links, I was able to get this working on Windows 7.  After installing the standard DigitalPersona, I installed the latest afterward from here:

http://www.digitalpersona.com/index.php?id=bus_support_downloads_4500update

Then I installed the Validity Fingerprint Sensor driver from the link above and voila!  I hope this helps. 🙂

HP Recommended

@ AYousif

The link is broken, do you have any idea where to find the driver?

I upgraded from Vista home x64 to Win7 x64 and it won't detect my reader. I have the version 4.11.3826 of DigitalPersona Personal and the validity sensor driver is completely up to date.

We're just gonna have to wait aren't we. Posted on Dec 16 '09 from validity it basically says it's a demo for End Users or Developers but it's not a final anything. I've not  tested it but here's the link...   http://www.validityinc.com/post.aspx?id=186

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.