Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 1 (1,083 Views)

HP Help & Support Malfunctioning/Damaged

A while ago, I had a trojan (I got rid of it with Kaspersky). I believe the trojan damaged the HP Help and Support because I can no longer get in contact with anyone at HP for help via chat. I kept getting this message:

We're sorry, but an unexpected error has occurred.
The error has been logged and will be examined for further review.
2009-09-23 07:29:36Z Error on 15.201.8.159: Unhandled exception caught: Error Message: Input string was not in a correct format.
Error Occurred On: /ChatEntry/Chat.aspx
ExceptionType: System.FormatException
Stack Trace:
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
at ChatEntry.Chat.IsSupportedBrowser() in C:\ASTRO\Chat\Integration\inetpub\wwwroot\ChatEntry\Chat.aspx.vb:line 346
at ChatEntry.Chat.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\ASTRO\Chat\Integration\inetpub\wwwroot\ChatEntry\Chat.aspx.vb:line 163
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

I've tried downloading the HP H&S again, but nothing happened. Does anyone know what's wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks,

~S

Model: Dv6701us

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation