cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RTX
Level 2
26 14 0 7
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Intel and Realtek driver installation errors in Windows Update

I have a Pavilion dv7 laptop w/ 6GB RAM, runnng Win7 64-bit with SP1 and laest patches.

Windows Update alerted me to new updates involving my HP dv7 laptop hardware drivers.  Screenshot follows:

Proposed and accepted WinUpds.PNG

I checked all 3 HP related items :  Intel MEI, Intel WiFi, and Realtek.

I also checked the .NET Framework  update but not the last:  KB2592687 as it is not needed.

Also did not check Skype (don't want it).

After installation, I got the error messages for all 3 HP dv7 laptop related hardware.

All failed, according to Windows Update, on Error 80070103.

I am attaching the 3 screenshots for each of these 3 drivers, followed by the Microsoft error message corresponding to 'Error 80070103' generated by Windows Update:

Failed WinUpds.PNG

Intel other hardware WinUpd error message.PNG

Intel WiFi Link 1000 BGN WinUpd error message.PNG

Realtek update error message.PNG

When I click 'Get help with this error' from any one of these 3 screens with the Error 80070103 message,

I get the following:

WinUpd Error 80070103 error message.PNG

Would be highly grateful if someone can advise, suggest or recommend a course of action.

Thanking you in advance.

R.Tan

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,288 1,961
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! @RTX, Thank you for joining the HP Forums!

I understand that you are getting an error while updating the driver using windows update.

Please try few steps recommended below.

Visit the Microsoft Update Web site:
http://update.microsoft.com
After the scan for updates is complete, click Custom on the Welcome page.
In the navigation pane, click Hardware, Optional. Then, the Update client displays the available updates on the Select Optional Hardware Updates page.
Expand the second update for the graphics card, and then click to select the Don't show this update again check box.
Click Review and install updates.
Verify that the second update for the graphics card is not present, and then click Install Updates.

Please refer Microsoft article for more information: http://hp.care/2f9H3XO

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
RTX
Level 2
26 14 0 7
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sir/Madam,

My sincerest thanks for your response.

When I tried to access update.microsoft.com, it led to the following screen/response:

SnapShot 2016-10-31 at 13.38.46.PNG

This is exactly how my problem was from the beginning:  I searched for, and received, new Windows Updates including the ones from HP for hardware related drivers.

Then in aplying them I got the failed messages shown in my initial post.

The other mystery is when I download the corresponding SoftPaqs directly from HP's Suppport website, the Softpaqs run, extract themselves, display some screens copying files and complete with the 'successfully installed' message. 

But when I checked the driver's Rev.Level #'s -- they haven't changed to the new ones that they're supposed to be, based on the HP website info for each SoftPaq. 

So there must be something wrong in the way I am installing the SoftPaq.  I simply followed the HP website's instructions:  double-click the sp99999 file and follow the instructions on the screen.

I note that in the early stages of reinstalling Win7 on this laptop, which was about a week ago, these same drivers installed properly via the Windows Update facility.

Thanking you for your advice and assistance.

Sincerely,

R.Tan

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,288 1,961
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RTX, thanks for the response.

Thanks for performing the troubleshooting steps.

Please install HP support assistant on your laptop this should install all the missing drivers from your PC.

Link to install HP support assistant: http://hp.care/2cC6K4r

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation